WE CURATE/EDIT/BRAND. The majority of the images in our Instagram account are curated, edited, and branded versions of original user-submitted photos from our community. We think of the resulting images as little "album covers" and try hard to achieve a high quality image while making you look your best.
CROSS-PROMOTION. Social media's a two-way street and the best way to grow (if you're not a reality star) is through organic cross-promotion. We'll post your image to our Instagram permanent wall, temporary story, and also share to our Facebook page and group. That's over 100K potential viewers! So we ask for the same in return. After posting, we'll send you the edited images via email so you can share on all your socials and encourage your friends and followers to also follow @dudeswithdogs and/or join our community DWD.is/global.
NOTE: If it's important to you not to have redundant photos on your permanent wall, make sure to send us fresh photos so you can post our edit instead.
SUBMIT. Please review our user-submitted content use policy and SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO for consideration. Please keep in mind that more than half of submitted photos don't work for one reason or another, so please don't be upset if your photo isn't selected.
- Subject's first and last name
- City, state, and country of residence
- Location where photo was taken (if different)
- Instagram handle if you have one
- Facebook username (Facebook.com/______)
- Dog's name
- Dog's breed if known
- Dog's Instagram handle if they have one
- Anything else of import such as a hashtag you're trying to make happen, your website, photographer credit, a special cause, or your occupation.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- At least one dude and one dog
- Attractive subjects representing our diverse community
- Artistic, designy, or interesting composition
- Portrays the unique and special relationship between dude and dog
- High-resolution and unedited
- Photos taken with a real camera or a phone's high-quality back camera
- Uncluttered background
- "White space" for branding, leveling, and cropping
- Subjects looking into the camera lens, not the display
- No sunglasses, please! Your eyes are your connection to the viewer.
- Exclusive photo not already plastered all over the Internet
- Big plus is you are a member of the Dudes With Dogs community
- Professional photos (we credit your photographer)
TIPS FOR TAKING GREAT SELFIES WITH YOUR DOG
- Try using our iPhone app DELFIE®, which uses sound effects to get your dog to look at the phone.
- Don't have a recent phone with a high-res front camera? Then turn your phone over and use the back camera. You might have to take a few shots to frame yourself correctly, but the camera is higher quality and you'll be looking into the lens instead of the display.
- Want to use your front camera? Then use your phone's display to frame your photo, but then LOOK INTO THE LENS before snapping your photo. (Don't know where it is? It's usually up by the speaker.)
- Don't zoom! Most phones don't have optical zoom, so all you're doing is creating a blurry pre-cropped photo.
- Don't frame your shot tightly. Leave lots of space around you or your subjects so you can rotate and/or crop the photo afterwards.
- Always take your photo in your phone's maximum resolution and keep the original! Uploading to Facebook and then deleting the original is a common mistake that leaves you with poor quality compressed images that you're unable to edit well later and that you don't actually even own!
- Find a pal to take your and your dog's photo and then return the favor!